Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sg Maribyrnong, Melbourne




Sunday, 22nd October 2006

Finally, I had the kayak, the brackets, the roof rack, a river, a beautiful sunny day and a willing paddling partner, Michelle, my niece. So no more excuses for not launching the kayak.

But the kayak was heavier than I thought and the 4WD was a lot higher than I thought! Also found the bracket bolts were too short and had to be replaced. So it took us almost a hour to get the kayak strapped securely onto the roof rack!


It was a beautiful sunny day, mid 20 degrees C. The park where we launched was relatively quiet. There were families picnicking and fishing on the river bank. We were the only ones paddling.

My nephew, Edwin, and his wife, Thu, also joined us for a paddle.

We came across a boat taking some tourists on a cruise upstream.




Yes, it was a sunny day ...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a wonderful maiden paddle on the Maribyrnong River!

Glad that the minor inital hiccups did not deter you. It should be faster and smoother to get ready on your next paddle.

I wished I was there!!

5:08 PM  
Blogger batukawa said...

Hi Fh2o,

Yes, it was a good maiden trip. You should be here ... one day.

We didn't get to go this weekend ... had to do some gardening ... and the weather was cool and windy.

We plan to do some fishing on the next trip. I heard there are lots of Bream, a nice fish for steaming "teochew" style.

I am also considering getting a single kayak. Just to give me added flexibility in case I want to paddle solo and ponder the meaning of life ...

12:15 AM  
Blogger ghee said...

Hi! Im glad you`re blogging :)

the last time ive been here,the comment box wasnt enabled :)

cool kayak!!and the mother nature is just so loovely!

im sure you had lots of fun kayaking.

happy weekend!! :)

7:08 PM  
Blogger The Yongs said...

Wow! Kayaking is indeed interesting... hope I will be able to do that one day.. now moving to KL, chances seem more remote (concrete jungle)! Anyway, glad to see you blogging. Hope to see more posts (& pics & videos perhaps?) in the near future.

11:06 PM  
Blogger batukawa said...

ghee and the yongs, thanks for dropping by. Will try to post more in future ... do drop by again sometime. Cheers

5:12 PM  
Blogger ghee said...

thanx for the comment you left in my blog :)

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello there!

i just wanna inform you that i moved my site and pls kindly update the link in case you wanna reach me :)

thanx!!

ghee
http://www.akoni.info

12:28 PM  
Blogger The Yongs said...

Happy New Year from Malaysia!!

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home