Sunday, June 25, 2006

Aussie BBQ

The Aussie BBQ is such an important part of our lives in Melbourne. It's an informal way to wine and dine with your family and friends without being too worried about the cooking.









We used to have a charcoal griller but I recently bought a gas griller for the convinence. I am normlly the BBQ cook in our holdhold. Here we have my brother-in-law helping out.


It's currently winter in Melbourne. Here's my father starting a fire to keep us warm.


Of course, you've got to have red wine and cheese!

7 Comments:

Blogger ghee said...

hello,Batukawa! Thank you very much for reading my posts in my blog.

I love to hear that a blogger really read my blog. :D

Wht a lovely place you are living in with your family.

I bet you enjoyed the barbecue with your family..

12:10 AM  
Blogger batukawa said...

Hi Ghee, thanks for dropping by. I will drop by your blog more often to learn more about your life.

Yes, we do BBQ quite often. You could say it's a very important part of the Australian culture.

The only problem is over eating and drinking. I will show more of our lives in Mlebourne in the coming weeks.

Cheers

9:31 PM  
Blogger The Yongs said...

Wow! BBQ and OZ/Kiwi's are like brothers and sisters... Reason I mentioned the Kiwis is because my in-laws have settled in NZ and whenever we r there, there is bound to be a BBQ, come cold or shine!

We do like BBQ too but the climate here sometimes is too hot to have too many BBQ! I believe you do remember that!

2:05 AM  
Blogger ghee said...

oh,hi again!I`m looking forward for your new post :)

I`ll drop by again later!

good night :)

10:59 PM  
Blogger Francis Ho said...

Looks like some of my readers are also visiting your blog! Isn't the linkup wonderful? Hellos to ghee and the yongs! Batukawa is a nice blog for nice people to visit! ;)

Wished I was at the BBQ!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Serendipity said...

I cannot imagine winter now. In Texasm it's really really hot!

5:05 PM  
Blogger ghee said...

still holiday?LOL!

take your time and enjoy every seconds of your life.

greetingss!!

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home